Re: ETA for toolchains for squeeze?

Hello Bill,

Currently amd64 is affected by some bug on binutils, preventing to
compile gcc, see binutils thread[1].

Testing handling is work in progress, not priority at the moment for
lack of time. Developer time is welcome towards having a working in
unstable cross toolchain.

As a user or commercial development, clearly lenny should be used.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-09/msg00635.html

2009/10/1 Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com>:
> Guys:
>

> I'm running "testing" on amd64, and getting this as usual:
>
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ testing main contrib
> non-free
> deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian sid main

You should not be mixing debian/testing with emdebian/sid, but
emdebian/testing (not much supported atm)

> Anyone have an ETA on when the toolchains will be installable again on
> post-lenny roots?  My lenny chroot is getting tired!  :)

Unstable will be unstable until all transitions affecting us happen.
Not before next release.

I could try to get in shape testing toolchains on amd64 if you are
willing to contribute testing them as a user, but modify sid by
testing on the sources.list file.

Kind regards :-)

--
 Héctor Orón