Re: openssl-vulnkey and python

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 07:39:04AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:46:51 +0930
> Ron <ron@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 07:09:04AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> If openssl did depend on the blacklist that would be a Policy violation
> as it would make a circular dependency - the blacklist depends on
> openssl, not vice versa.
>
> Is something else bringing in the blacklist?

Looks like ssl-cert and openvpn are the prime candidates for dragging
that in as a hard dep.  A bunch of other packages depend on ssl-cert.

> OK, misread that but openssl itself doesn't depend on the blacklist, do
> you really need the SSL blacklist itself on an embedded device?

Depends on the device I guess.  Mostly I've just noticed that python
is getting near impossible to get rid of on any $real system, and the
reasons for that are mostly quite spurious like this one.