Re: Installationproblems with emdebian

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:27:36 +0200
Tom <toabctl@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > So, this does not work for me. Anybody has an idea how to fix this?
> > > Looks like a problem with the emdebian repository!?
> >
> > Hardly - the packages downloaded fine for the chroot to be created.
> >
> > Try i386 on i386.
>
> i don't understand what you means with this.

build an i386 chroot on i386, then you can test any problems on the
same machine. Normal debootstrap does this by default.

> > > 4) start qemu with downloaded kernel,initrd.gz, harddisk-image and
> > > debian-cd-image
> > > 5) inside of the debian-installer, i change the mirror server to
> > > www.emdebian.org
> >
> > www.emdebian.org/grip
> >
> > > 6) i got an error that the debian-installer can not download the
> > > installer components (because there are no components on emdebian.org).
> >
> > Which is true, they only exist for Grip. Crush has no installer.
>
> i tried grip. i never tried crush. where is the installer from grip?

www.emdebian.org/grip

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/dists/lenny/main/debian-installer/binary-armel/

The udebs for debian-installer are in the normal Grip pool, e.g.

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/pool/main/e/eglibc/

You must specify www.emdebian.org/grip not just the plain server id.

> > The full source line is:
> > deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny main
>
> i used this source-line

You're specifying the server as www.emdebian.org which will expand to
www.emdebian.org/debian by default - that's actually going to give you
the toolchain repository. You have to specify the grip repository in
the installer mirror options.