Re: Installationproblems with emdebian

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:30:14 +0200
Tom <toabctl@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Actually, i try to install emdebian (armel). My host plattform is i386.

> $ build-arm-chroot lenny grip/ http://www.emdebian.org/grip/
> I: Retrieving Release
> I: Retrieving Packages
> I: Base system installed successfully.
> armel chroot successfully created in grip/
> $ sudo chroot grip/

You cannot chroot into an armel anything on i386.

There wouldn't be a problem with the repository because debootstrap
worked fine.

> # echo "deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ lenny main" \
> >> /etc/apt/sources.list
> # apt-get update
> Hit http://www.emdebian.org lenny Release.gpg
> Hit http://www.emdebian.org lenny Release
> W: Failed to fetch http://www.emdebian.org/debian/dists/lenny/Release
> Unable to find expected entry  main/binary-armel/Packages in Meta-index
> file (malformed Release file?)
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
>

> So, this does not work for me. Anybody has an idea how to fix this?
> Looks like a problem with the emdebian repository!?

Hardly - the packages downloaded fine for the chroot to be created.

Try i386 on i386.

> What i do here has a bit more steps:
> 1) download debian-installer for lenny
> 2) download debian-net-cd-image (armel) for lenny
> 3) create harddisk image with qemu

Huh? No need for qemu here.

www.emdebian.org/grip

> 6) i got an error that the debian-installer can not download the
> installer components (because there are no components on emdebian.org).

Which is true, they only exist for Grip. Crush has no installer.

> Then i can not install emdebian because the debian-installer can not
> download the installer components.
> it's possible to change the mirror-server to ftp.us.debian.org and download
> from there the debian-installer components and after that, change the mirror-
> server again to www.emdebian.org , but the installation won't work.

The full source line is:
deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny main