Re: gd library

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:43:31 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> > debian:/home/user/v4l/fswebcam-20070108# apt-get install libgd2-xpm-dev
>
> -dev packages are a possible issue at the moment. I need to find time
> to create a dev section where the -dev packages can be kept out of the
> way of other users. Grip is very new, some things are going to give a
> few problems.

There is an opportunity here for someone to write up this pseudo-code
as a script that I can include into emdebian-grip-server.

Support needed:
1. dependency on apt-cross
2. options to set the suite independently of the rest of the emdebian
setup
3. support for wrapping calls in 'dpkg-architecture -a$ARCH
-c"$command"' if $arch != $host.

Commands:
apt-cross -S $suite -v -a $arch -g $package
wrap = ($arch ne $host) ? "dpkg-architecture -a$arch -c" : "";
grip="DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=\"usegrip\" emgrip";

Putting those together to prepare a call like this:

$ dpkg-architecture -aarmel -c "DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=\"usegrip\" emgrip
libfontconfig1-dev_2.6.0-3_armel.deb"

Then the script can be called repeatedly to handle the various
dependencies.

I started with these:

libexpat1-dev_2.0.1-4em1_amd64.deb
libfontconfig1-dev_2.6.0-3em1_amd64.deb
libfreetype6-dev_2.3.7-2em1_amd64.deb
zlib1g-dev_1.2.3.3.dfsg-12em1_amd64.deb

(Note that these are the lenny versions.)

Others that would be needed include:

 libjpeg62-dev libpng12-0-dev libx11-dev libxpm-dev

It could probably be a shell script - nothing here particularly needs
perl or something more complex, *unless* the script wants to try to
handle all those dependencies in a single operation (which would be a
very good idea).

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/