Re: debian-embedded@lists.debian.org down?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:09:24 +0100
"Hoefle Marco" <Marco.Hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> Hello Neil,
> could it be that debian-embedded@lists.debian.org is down?

Don't think so, it's all working for me and others.

> I posted the things below and I didn't get a mail myself as usual.
Also, I didn't receive any mails since yesterday from
debian-embedded@lists.debian.org.

Check the archives:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/

> Hello,
> I am getting closer to run emdebian on a Xscale PXA270 board. I am facing an error when executing the emsecondstage script now (Errors were encountered while processing: debian-archive-keyring). The whole message are attached further down.
> What I did so far:
> 1) build the emdebian root fs with emsandbox (architecture set to arm with emsetup)
> 2) Set up a NFS server with the root file system of the original linux system running on the board. So the system is now booting from NFS instead of the small flash.
> 3) Copied the emdebian-arm.tgz into a subfolder /emdebian

I think that sounds wrong. The tarball is decompressed to *what will
become the root directory of the machine* - but I've no idea about
using NFS.

> 4) On the device the .tgz archive was unpacked.
> 5) Executing the secondstage script which fails.
>
> Apart from that I am wondering why the binaries (for example in the /bin dir of the emdebian rootfs) don't work when booted with the original linux system:

Am I right in thinking that they work inside the chroot? Looks like it.

> -/bin/sh-3.00# ls -l /emdebian/bin/busybox
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root       736544 Aug  8  2008 /emdebian/bin/busybox
> -/bin/sh-3.00# /emdebian/bin/busybox
> -/bin/sh: /emdebian/bin/busybox: No such file or directory

Why did the shell change?

> The rootfs and the kernel where build with the arm cross compile tools from Elinos.

> Here is the emsecondstage script log:
>

> -/bin/sh-3.00# tar -xzpf emdebian-arm.tgz
> nfs: server 192.168.99.237 not responding, still trying
> nfs: server 192.168.99.237 not responding, still trying
> nfs: server 192.168.99.237 OK
> nfs: server 192.168.99.237 OK
> INIT: Id "d9" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

That isn't right. Your INIT appears broken.

> -/bin/sh-3.00#
> -/bin/sh-3.00# ls
> 0x97BB3B58.txt    emdebian-arm.tgz  mnt               tmp
> bin               emsecondstage     proc              usr
> boot              etc               root              var
> datestring        home              sbin
> debootstrap       lib               selinux
> dev               linuxrc           sys
> -/bin/sh-3.00# ./emsecondstage
> mount: proc already mounted
> Setting approximate time of 021109192009

That is a balloon3-config call - you shouldn't need that config
package, you will need your own.

> Wed Feb 11 09:19:00 UTC 2009
> Running ldconfig in /emdebian ...

I'm not sure how that could work - you need to be able to mount that as
the root directory at boot time.

> Setting up libc6 (2.7-18em1) ...
> Alignment trap: iconvconfig (863) PC=0x00009960 Instr=0xe5952000 Address=0x0005875e FSR 0x013
> Alignment trap: iconvconfig (863) PC=0x00009960 Instr=0xe5952000 Address=0x0005876a FSR 0x013
> Alignment trap: iconvconfig (863) PC=0x00009960 Instr=0xe5952000 Address=0x00058786 FSR 0x013

?? what the ??

Are you expecting this to be an ARMEL? Do you have an ARMEL kernel with
ARM binaries? That simply should not happen.

> update-passwd has found some differences between your system accounts
> and the current Debian defaults. It is advisable to allow update-passwd
> to change your system; without those changes some packages might not work
> correctly.  For more documentation on the Debian account policies please
> see /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/README.

Your config package needs to handle this, the balloon3-config package
is specific to that board, not yours.

> Setting up makedev (2.3.1-88em1) ...
> INIT: Id "d9" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Your inittab is broken - possibly because you're using one from
balloon3-config instead of one compatible with your own board.

> Setting up debian-archive-keyring (2009.01.31em1) ...
> gpg: symbol lookup error: /lib/libreadline.so.5: undefined symbol: PC
> gpg: symbol lookup error: /lib/libreadline.so.5: undefined symbol: PC
> gpg: symbol lookup error: /lib/libreadline.so.5: undefined symbol: PC
> dpkg: error processing debian-archive-keyring (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127

No idea. Not seen that before.

> User defined timezone, leaving /etc/localtime unchanged.
> date: invalid date 'Wed Feb 11 08:14:28 UTC 2009'

That is due to balloon3-config, don't use it for your board.

>  debian-archive-keyring

That's not the real problem, dpkg is confusing you.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/