Re: Trying to generate ARM image

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:37:31 -0200
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried to generate an ARM image using up-to-date emsandbox --arch
> arm create, and the running emsecondstage inside a qemu emulated ARM
> machine[0].

I've no idea about qemu and I don't recommend it. There is no way of
telling whether your reported error is due to something in qemu. I'm
not confident about being able to fix reports that are not from direct
tests on hardware.

> By the way, why do I need to run emsandbox as root even when I'm root?

I might take that check out - first of all, please send me the output
of printenv within the environment you are using to run emsandbox where
you get the error.

> The emsandbox step went ok, but when I tried to run ./emsecondstage
> inside the chroot in the ARM machine

./emsecondstage is not run inside the chroot, it is run from outside
the chroot, within the bootloader environment.

If this isn't supported by qemu, run the commands
within ./emsecondstage manually.

>, I got this error[1] [2] (sorry for
> splitting the files, I didn't knew how to redirect error output to
> stdout in busybox).

? The same way that you redirect any other shell output.

> 0: http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php
> 1: http://debian.holoscopio.com/dpkg.log.out
> 2: http://debian.holoscopio.com/dpkg.log.err

No idea - looks like the cdebconf environment is not being respected by
qemu. It does work on real hardware, I cannot say if qemu has ever
worked.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/