RE: FW: migrating from uClinux to emdebian crush on a Xscale PXA270 board

Title: RE: FW: migrating from uClinux to emdebian crush on a Xscale PXA270 board

Hello Hector,
it is installed:

debian:~# apt-get install dpkg-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
dpkg-dev is already the newest version.
dpkg-dev set to manually installed.
  quilt autoconf cdbs dbs autotools-dev automake dpatch
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

The synaptic package manager says it is version 1.14.24em1.
I am willing to install everything from scratch. So from my understanding to get an emdebian crush demo on the PXA270 board I need to do the following:

1) Get debian sid (I installed lenny because I didn't find the sid netinstaller.iso) and install it to a new partition and update GRUB to be able to boot it.
2) Get all updates
3) Add the emdebian pgp key and this repository: "deb http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian/ unstable main". Do I need another one?
4) Do an agt-get update and install the emdebian tools. emdebian-archive-keyring, emdebian-rootfs etc. should be installed automatically as well due to dependencies.
5) do "dpkg-reconfigure dpkg-cross" and set it to arm. (What is armeb and armel? Haven't heard about these but I suppose for the PXA270 arm is the correct one). According to Neil the cross compiler should be installed automatically.
6) run emsetup.
7) I don't know yet :-)

/Marco