Re: More problems with Ubuntu (was Re: Emsandbox in arm board)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:43:02 +0530
Sivakumar.R.J <rj.sivakumar@gmail.com> wrote:

> after emsource gcc and while emdebuild its giving a dependency error.

You probably don't have the normal build dependencies for gcc installed
inside the chroot.

emdebuild --build-dep only checks for the cross-dependencies, you still
need the normal build-dependencies:

# apt-get build-dep gcc-4.3

Or, use the emsource support:
# emsource --build-dep -c gcc-4.3
This will clean up your gcc-4.3 failed build, run apt-get build-dep and
then run emdebuild --build-dep

> Could not open file
> /home/siva/.apt-cross/unstable/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources
> - open (2 No such file or directory)

Ignore that message - libapt-pkg-perl is being unnecessarily noisy and
I can't find a way to silence it.

> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc6-dev-amd64' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc0.3-dev' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc6.1-dev' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'lib64gcc1' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc6-dev-mips64' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc6-dev-powerpc' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libunwind7-dev' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc0.1-dev-i386' - skipping
> apt-cross is unable to locate package: 'libc6-dev-s390x' - skipping

I might downgrade the verbosity level for those "skipping" messages so
that they only show up when used with --verbose. They are useful when
debugging and developing but probably misleading in actual usage.
Ignore them - if you check the details of each package, you can
probably see why they are not found in the apt-cache for armel.

> apt(mychroot)
> root@siva-desktop:~/emdebian/target/trunk/g/gcc-4.3/trunk/gcc-4.3-4.3.2#
> emdebuild -a armel --build-depChecking installation of build tools:

It's possible that emdebuild has missed a few that apt-get build-dep
would normally install, due to the different ways that the two sets are
calculated. The autobuilder uses the emsource version and emdebuild
checks for any extra ones added via debian/xcontrol.

> > $ dget
> > http://www.emdebian.org/packages/pool/main/b/busybox/busybox_1.11.1-1em1.dsc
> > $ cd busybox-1.11.1/
> > $ emdebuild -a armel
> >

>  its giving me the error .whether i have to create a trunk link for
> this.

? extract the .dsc as normal with dpkg-source -x and then cd into that
directory.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/