Re: emchain error building gcc - incompatible libc

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 12:29 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
> Brendan Simon wrote:
> > Yes, that patch worked.  emchain is now doing its thing and I will let
> > you know the results.
> emchained failed with the following error.

Sorry, that is not emchain's fault.

The real error is that gcc-4.3 does not build a cross compiler
successfully which isn't an exactly new problem.
:-(

> The only thing I can think of is that I installed binutils and libc6
> from unstable.  Could that be the the problem?

I'd only be guessing - see if Hector can answer (not sure when he's
back).

I suspect you will need to do some digging with objdump -p

> Emchain output:

(It's gcc or dpkg output really.)

>     make[6]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
>     make[6]: Leaving directory
>     `/root/emdebian/emchain/gcc-4.3-4.3.0~rc2/build/powerpc-linux-gnu/64/libgcc'

(How did I guess libgcc1 would be at the root of this?)
(/me feels v.depressed about libgcc1, it's the bane of my Emdebian life.
No binary has swallowed quite so much time for each fix yet consistently
broken in a different way at every subsequent release.)