emchain: Mismatch in source versions

Hi all,
thank you for the Embedded Debian tutorial on CELF.

Now I will try to run Emdebian on my Arm-board, but I get following
error message after calling of emchain:

emchain: Error. Mismatch in source versions
armel does not appear to have built version 2.7-0exp6 of libc6 successfully
yet. Therefore it is unlikely that emchain will be able to build a usable
cross-compiler using the current upstream source of libc6. Only version
2.6.1-6 is available on armel and emchain is unable to proceed.
Please run emchain again when the armel port has updated.

Here are all my current steps with few notes:

Installation on Debian/Etch  (i386)
1.) Install Debian/Sid into directory sidfs

host:/home/deb# debootstrap sid sidfs http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian

2.) chroot into new debian installation

host:/home/deb# chroot sidfs

3.) mount /proc file system

host:/# mount -t proc proc /proc

I do it for ps and so on.

4.) Install all needed tools for emdebian
host:/# apt-get install emdebian-tools subversion

I choose armel as Cross-Architektur.

host:/# dpkg-reconfigure emdebian-tools
I choose unstable (I tried also testing )

5.) added non root user

host:/# adduser emdeb
host:/# su - emdeb

emdeb@saturn:~$ apt-cross --update

emdeb@saturn:~$ emsetup -v
Checking apt cache data is up to date ...
Checking unstable on armel using apt sources
hostname: Unknown host
emsetup: Unable to determine fully qualified hostname. Please check your
/etc/hosts file. See emsetup (1) for more information.

- -> I made a correct /etc/hosts file.

emdeb@saturn:~$ emsetup --verbose --simulate
emdeb@saturn:~$ emsetup --report
#Checking apt cache data is up to date ...
Checking status of toolchain packages ...
Unable to find a toolchain suitable for Emdebian on i386.
No packages found matching binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi.
No packages found matching gcc-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi-base.
No packages found matching gcc-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi.
No packages found matching cpp-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi.
No packages found matching g++-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi.
No packages found matching libc6-armel-cross.
No packages found matching libc6-dev-armel-cross.
No packages found matching libstdc++6-armel-cross.
No packages found matching libstdc++6-2.95-dev-armel-cross.
No packages found matching libstdc++6-2.95-pic-armel-cross.
No packages found matching libgcc1-armel-cross.
No packages found matching linux-libc-dev-armel-cross.
Searched for: binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi gcc-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi-base
gcc-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi cpp-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi
g++-2.95-arm-linux-gnueabi libc6-armel-cross libc6-dev-armel-cross
libstdc++6-armel-cross libstdc++6-2.95-dev-armel-cross
libstdc++6-2.95-pic-armel-cross libgcc1-armel-cross
linux-libc-dev-armel-cross

- -> switched to root
saturn:/# emchain

Warning: emchain cannot find a native gcc package for armel.
emchain will try to build a toolchain from scratch using cache values
for i386.
Get:1 http://ftp.at.debian.org sid Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sid Release
Get:2 http://www.emdebian.org unstable Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sid/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable Release
Get:3 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable Release.gpg [189B]
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable Release
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources
Fetched 3B in 1s (2B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Get:1 http://ftp.at.debian.org sid Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sid Release
Get:2 http://www.emdebian.org unstable Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sid/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable Release
Get:3 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable Release.gpg [189B]
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable Release
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources/DiffIndex
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages
Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Sources/DiffIndex
Fetched 3B in 1s (2B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Could not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/www.emdebian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources
- - open (2 No such file or directory)

emchain: Error. Mismatch in source versions
armel does not appear to have built version 2.7-0exp6 of libc6 successfully
yet. Therefore it is unlikely that emchain will be able to build a usable
cross-compiler using the current upstream source of libc6. Only version
2.6.1-6 is available on armel and emchain is unable to proceed.
Please run emchain again when the armel port has updated.

same with force:
saturn:/# emchain -f
[...]

Force enabled, trying to continue ...
Forced packages will not be installed by emchain.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to find a source package for glibc

If I choose 'testing' with 'dpkg-reconfigure emdebian-tools' then I will
get following error message with emchain.

E: Could not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/www.emdebian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_source_Sources
- - open (2 No such file or directory)

I think if a pre-build toolchain is not found or not available emchain
can try to build it or?
If I look on my system it is unclear for me why it will build a
toolchain with glibc 2.7-0exp6.

emdeb@saturn:~$ dpkg -l | grep libc6
ii  libc6                           2.6.1-6                    GNU C
Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev                       2.6.1-6                    GNU C
Library: De

Any help and suggestion are welcome!

/Harald

- --