Re: How to build a CRAMFS type root filesystem from scratch?

--- Cliff Brake <cliff.brake@gmail.com>wrote:

> > target devices, but how could I build a CRAMFS
> root
> > filesystem image from scratch on my Ubunutu 6.06
> LTS
> > powered i386 box? Further, how could I customize
> the
> > libraries/applications in my own root filesystem?
>
> http://openembedded.com is one way.  I've written a
> little about it at:

I encountered a problem to open this URL.

> http://bec-systems.com/web/content/category/7/21/9/

Yes, I read your blog items, and your article on LJ
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/4678. The article
helps me very much. Especially, the "Table 1. Sample
Partition of a 16MB Flash System" is very similar to
what I want to implement on my 64MB NAND Flash. After
implemention of root filesystem in CRAMFS, I'd like to
use another MTD partition in JFFS2 to store some data.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jarod Wang

----
Oracle Asia R&D Center, Shenzhen, P. R. China

雅虎免费邮箱-3.5G容量,20M附件
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/