Re: How to build a CRAMFS type root filesystem from scratch?

On 1/26/07, Jarod Wang <mailtojarod@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
Hi all

I am porting ARM Linux to a custom SAMSUNG S3C2410A
based board and I have found a suitable ARM Linux
distribution.
So it's time to build a root filesystem to be mounted
after the kernel is up.

I found there are many CRAMFS type pre-built root
filesystem images out there over the Web for their
target devices, but how could I build a CRAMFS root
filesystem image from scratch on my Ubunutu 6.06 LTS
powered i386 box? Further, how could I customize the
libraries/applications in my own root filesystem?

http://openembedded.com is one way.  I've written a little about it at:

http://bec-systems.com/web/content/category/7/21/9/

Cliff

--