Problems with SQLite and reprepro

SQLite is becoming unmanageable for the toolchain repository. It appears
all but impossible to get reliable synchronisation between the binary
reprepro raw data and a sqlite database. It continually creates
duplicate records and misses entire records in the update. It needs
constant maintenance with manual reprepro commands and frequent
removal and recreation of the entire sqlite database.

I need help to implement a different method - direct from the apt-cache
via NorthernCross (in a branch above apt-cross in SVN).

This also needs to be implemented for the search pages but I don't see
how that can be done easily through PHP so it would mean creating a
whole new set of perl scripts for a cgi-bin.

This is taking far too much of my time.

I'd rather not lose the 'live data' aspect of our current scripts but
if someone else wants to take this on, I'll be happy to get back to
other tasks.