Re: Cross toolchains status

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:58:26 +0100
"Hector Oron" <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:

>   I just want you to know that i am currently building updated
> toolchains at:
>
>   http://www.emdebian.org/~zumbi/toolchain/
>   The unstable-new/ is for i386
>
>   I think the script that puts toolchain in the repository and that
> updates webpages is broken and new to be fixed.

There was a problem with permissions on the repository directories -
whenever new directories are added, these need to be group-writable or
reprepro will fail. I fixed the armel and experimental additions but
there is more work to do.

I will be rewriting cachecompare over the next few days, hopefully.

>    For now, i just did gcc-4.2. I have in mind to complete the set
> with gcc-4.1, gcc-3.4 and maybe gcc-3.3.

Which version of 4.2? I built gcc-4.2.1-0 on powerpc yesterday and it
will not install due to lack of a native arm build at the moment.

Things should be easier once gcc-4.2.1-0 is built on arm. I don't see
things settling down whilst gcc-4.2 is still being updated so often.
IMHO it would have been easier if gcc-4.2 had not migrated to testing
when it did - that would have at least kept testing toolchains
installable.