Re: OLPC and embedded debian

On 2007-03-25 00:05 +0100, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have write some things on irc, buit none had seems to be active

You were a bit early in the day - we wrote hundreds of lines this evg
:-)

> so I send this
> mail on the list with what I wrote :
>
> I want to work on the OLPC debian support..
> I get one board and we are 5 or 6 people in this case.
> So I was thinking to use embedded debian list and repo for this project.
>
> what do you think ?

I think it's a good idea. The OLPC is a nice 'small system' (not
really an embedded system).

You need to be aware that right now there is no such thing as
'embedded debian' you can actually install. The tools are essentially
working (but still quite new) and some packages are available, but not
even enough for a whole rootfs just yet - that is the current area of
work.

Your life is somewhat simplified because your build and target arches
are probably the same. Testing the tools on native builds is not
something that has happened yet (SFAIK). Tell us how it goes...

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/

believed to be clean.