Re: Embeddded Debian meetup @ Extremadura

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 20:34 +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> I second this, fwiw. Ideally, we may want to have a nodoc and also
> something like noman as separate options. Then we would be able to
> either build packages which offer docs (and or manpages) or not
> and could also allow for installing only manpages (without
> other "docs" or vice versa) or no docs and no manpages at all.
>
> For the most part there is not much point in most of /usr/share/*

A more generalized (ignore or exclude) option is better suited for
ditching things like

/usr/share/zoneinfo/*
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/man
/usr/X11/man
/usr/share/info
/var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages
/var/lib/apt/lists/*Release

poldek's (RPM based package management tools) ignore and exclude options
work great. Has anyone looked at poldek's approach and options. No need
to reinvent the wheel with nodoc, noman, nozone, etc.

Craig
poldek's ignore and exclude options might simply be passed to rpm, I
don't know.

Dr. Craig Hollabaugh, craig@hollabaugh.com, 970 325 0509
Author of Embedded Linux: Hardware, Software and Interfacing
www.embeddedlinuxinterfacing.com