Re: Embeddded Debian meetup @ Extremadura

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 10:22 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Guys:
>

> > * promote DEBUILD_OPTIONS=nodocs flag for not building docs
> >

> Stupid question, but it be more appropriate to promote separate *-doc
> packages instead?

Well yes and no I would have thought.   -doc packages are great ideas
for the times in your life when you seem to spend 90% of your package
build time running latex or something similar and they have build-deps
as long as your arm.  I *also* like the idea of something like nodocs
stripping all docs from the core of the package - no manpages, readme,
changelog etc (probably need to keep licence).  Most of the
documentation is completely unused in an embedded environment.

-goc-