Re: Confusingly named outfit

On 8/31/06, Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk> wrote:
On 06-08-30 23:28 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> Don't suppose it has anything to do with emdebian though.
>
> http://www.embedian.com/
Seems like they've been there for quite a while now and it might take
a legal action to make them rename their products/product lines. On
the other hand, 'embedian' and 'emdebian' are, well, clearly different
words. It might be questioned, on what grounds emdebian people see
this as a trademark infringement.

Perhaps we should also consider registering the trademark. That feels
a bit 'corporate', but maybe it is a good idea in order to be able to
encourage impostors to behave.
Well, they are not exactly impostors, they make hardware. (OT: What do
we do in emdebian, btw?)
As for registering a trademark, shouldn't we have done this earlier?

Regards,
--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.