Re: Confusingly named outfit

> Seems like they've been there for quite a while now and it might take
> a legal action to make them rename their products/product lines. On
> the other hand, 'embedian' and 'emdebian' are, well, clearly different
> words. It might be questioned, on what grounds emdebian people see
> this as a trademark infringement.
remember the case Les Edition Albert René against Heuser: it was about that
"mobilix" is too close to "obelix"? it as comic figure agains linux related -
and tey have won. look at http://www.mobilix.org for more details, but just
one letter difference IS a legal issue. And the company is quite new, the
whois-entry dates from 24-Jul-2006.

And don't think, they don't know about the name simillarities. Their homepge
links to linixdevices.com, where you find a link on the news-section about
their new device and in the article you find a link to
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6007597704.html where it says on the
headline:

"ARM-based SBC comes with embedded Debian"

Emdebian should definitly consult a layer in this case - and register the
trademark as soon as possible. Maybe you think I overreact, but i have some
negative experience in that field.

n.