Re: Announce: Emdebian resources needed [plz review]

On 06-08-02 22:00 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hello,
> Do you have any idea how much trafic you will  need?  The  wiki  page
> says  you  don't,  but  maybe  you have at least some gut feeling ? I
> mean, is this 50 or 500 or 5000 GB or more?

I just configured and ran analog on the apache logs. The results are
here:
http://www.emdebian.org/analog.html

363Gb in 261 days. 1.4Gb/day.

Volume is dominated by slind iso downloads (84%), which could stop once
slind get their own site up. Most of the rest (12%) is toolchain downloads
and then there is the actual website which takes very little bandwidth.

It's interesting to note that the mips unstable 4.0 cross-tool is most
popular (732), then the powerpc 3.4 one (688), then arm stable 3.4
(442). And mipsel and m86k get a reasonable number of downloads too.

I should have looked at these a long time ago - very interesting.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/