Re: cross toolchains and etch toolchain sources

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:08:12PM +0400, Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> I've recently checked which cross toolchains can be compiled out of
> etch toolchain sources (which is about to be freezed very soon) and
> created a wiki page to summarize things, please check it here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/EtchCrossToolchains
> I believe we still have a couple of days before the toolchain freeze
> day to push patches to fix broken builds, if anybody feels for those
> architectures.

Are these cross-tools built from the regular source packages, with
different build parameters, or via the toolchain-source package?  (If
the former, is there a HOWTO somewhere?)

There was a recent question about toolchain-source on debian-devel,
for example.  If using the regular packages results in a better set of
cross-tools, perhaps toolchain-source should be deprecated somehow in
etch, or at least some README information added to that package?

Cheers,
Eric