Re: Installing the root file system to an x86 target

> Now my issue is to properly configure an initrd.img so that I can get a
> shell. I am guessing the busybox binary acts as a shell right.  I have
> enabled busybox on the mkinitrd.conf and pointed the roo to the embedded
> fs, but the boot does not really go through..

My suggestion here is to use Buildroot or PTXdist to produce a working
filesystem image.  There are lots of things that have to be right for
the kernel to mout the image.

Depending  the size of system you are needing you can also use
debootstrap to make a fsimage and then remove what you don't need.

--
Richard A. Smith