Re: cramfs

In message <[🔎] 20050419184702.441413D3B@xprdmailfe4.nwk.excite.com> you wrote:

> I've used Cramfs as my root but I get the following error when I try to run the X server. Can anyone help?
>
> # _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed

The XServer tries to create a UNIX domain socket, which fails because
the cramfs filesystem is read-only.

> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Here it thinks that this is because there is already  such  a  socket
(which  might  be the case - depending on the contents of your cramfs
file system).

> Would it help if I put the /usr/X11R6 in a different filesystem? If so, how to I edit the fstab accordingly?

Find out which socket it tries to create (for example, run  it  under
strace),  and  then provide a symbolic link that points to a writable
location.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Men don't talk peace unless they're ready to back it up with war.
	-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4