cramfs

I've used Cramfs as my root but I get the following error when I try to run the X server. Can anyone help?

# _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already run
ning
[1] 17 Exit 1 /usr/X11R6/bin/Xfbdev

Would it help if I put the /usr/X11R6 in a different filesystem? If so, how to I edit the fstab accordingly?

many thanks,
--ER

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com