Re: Pushing binary toolchains in Debian?

Henrion Benjamin wrote:
[snip]
> > Sid/ part of repository (snapshot of which looks to be copied to
> > http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian-tools/unstable/), is currently completely
> > out-of-date, I will do something with it later.
>
> Why not in default debian?
>
> I do not trust unofficial sources, simply because I want everything in
> debian, and not in outside sources.
>
> Also, I need to recompile debs binary packages, since you do not provide
> debs for my arch.
>
> Putting them into unstable would be *very* welcomed.

Adding little used cross compilers to the generally mirrored archive is
just bloat. (Packages in unstable get autobuilt. Is a cross-toolchain
for amd64 running on arm useful? Or a i386 -> amd64 crosscompiler?
If you start excluding arches from the autobuild, where to draw the
line?)

Thiemo