Re: wookey's article??

On Monday 31 January 2005 17:50, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >WHERE IS THE WOOKEY'S ARTICLE that explains how emdebsys works???
> >It is not clear in the web.. Should I seek in the cvs?? I couldn't find
> >anything!!
>
> There is a file READ.ME.OS
I read that file and there i got in trouble - from READ.ME.OS in emdebsys:

-------------- <snip start> READ.ME.OS --------

# mvo: the documentation below is out of date
# I will rewrite it as soon as I get feedback from esr about a
# possible bug in CML2

Now try taking an existing kernel config file, and including it
in the cmlconfigure run.  First thing that needs to be done is
to translate it from CML1 to CML2.  Assuming your kernel config
is in CONFIGFILE (look for config files in /boot/config*):

    ./cml1to2 < CONFIGFILE > kconfig
    ./cmlconfigure.py -W -c -i kconfig -s osconfig -h osconfig.h

-------------- <snip end> READ.ME.OS --------

i never found this ./cml1to2 file - any suggestions? the note above suggests
it is out of date. but i found no work around.

i still have no clue how to convert a CML1 (alias kernel .config file) into a
CML2 file (used by emdebsys). so i never was able to create a config.out for
snp part.

maybe i understood something wrong. here my requirements. i would like to use:
a) a kernel 2.6 for my target system (i know the kernel works)
b) sarge as base system

I can patch/tweak/adjust/fix packages sources, but i don't have the time to
hack into emdebsys (atm), because i have to present a board prototype in one
or two weeks.

> /scratch/tmp/emdebsys/snp# cat mk.sh ; echo "##EOF"
> cp config.out $(. config.out && echo $CONFIG_OS_KERNEL_PATH)/.config
> time ./snp.py -v -v -c config.out 2>&1 >&1 | tee mk.${1?}.log;echo $?
> ##EOF
hell, and i thought i could work with a bash ;-)

thx for the explanation. If i now could get my config.out i could start to
work with emdebsys

mfg Max
--
Max Hofer