Re: wookey's article??

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 02:47:55PM +0100, dmunicio wrote:
>Hello, I am trying to use emdebsys in order to create a root filesystem
>and a kernel for the new i.MX21 processor of Motorola (ARM
>architecture).
>I have been managing the CML2 rules in order to include this
>architecture in emdebsys. I have compiled the kernel but I get some
>errors while making the filesystem with de snp.py script... So I have

What errors for example?

>some questions:
>
>WHERE IS THE WOOKEY'S ARTICLE that explains how emdebsys works???
>It is not clear in the web.. Should I seek in the cvs?? I couldn't find
>anything!!
There is a file READ.ME.OS
cd snp
snp.py uses sources.list just like apt.
(i have config.out here in the snp directory)
snp reads config.out (which is a mix of CONFIG_OS_* and the kernel's
.config), extracts the binaries requested by configure.out and for each
CONFIG_OUT_*, it runs ../scripts/OS_*.

I usually do something to the effect of:
/scratch/tmp/emdebsys/snp# cat mk.sh ; echo "##EOF"
cp config.out $(. config.out && echo $CONFIG_OS_KERNEL_PATH)/.config
time ./snp.py -v -v -c config.out 2>&1 >&1 | tee mk.${1?}.log;echo $?
##EOF
now you(should) have an filesystem ($CONFIG_SNP_rootfs_image) and a tarball
($CONFIG_SNP_rootfs_tgz) with your image.

adding your own CONFIG_OS_foo settiings is fairly easy. e.g. file(1):
echo -e "OS_FILE\tfile\t/usr/bin/file" >> snp.conf
echo "CONFIG_OS_FILE=y" >> config.out

hope that helps.

>Who made that rules? I would like to know more about that...

What rules?
Do you mean ../scripts/* ?