importing kernel options into cmlconfigure.py

Hi,

There is a short description in README.Debian how to setup Emdebsys. I have a
problem with Step 2:

> Step 2. Take the configuration from that kernel and convert into a CML2
> config file.

> For example:
> /usr/share/emdebsys/cml1to2 < /usr/src/linux/.config > cml2_kconfig
>
> The cml1to2 script can currently be found in /usr/share/emdebsys.
> It will basically map the config variables from a cml1 config file
> (i.e. .config in your top level kernel source tree)

i made yesterday (27.01.2005) a checkout of emdebsys. in the repository is no
"cml1to2" (nor in any other debian package searched by apt-file).

So i tried to change the kernel options within "./cmlconfigure.py" manually.

Which failed miserably because:
* the kernel options provided with "./cmlconfigure.py" doesn't match with the
ones i wanted to compile (2.6.10) - (i set the path to the kernel sources
before i tried to set any options)
* the help in "/cmlconfigure.py" doesn't show me the kernel options help
(files are missing? path doesnt work?)
* trying to fix this problem i found no descriptions/help for the commandline
parameters of ./cmlconfigure.py

(ps. i never coded in python, so i did not check the source code.)

Q: Is there a way to import a working ".config" into "./cmlconfigure.py"?

I tried to import my kernel options with parameter
"-i /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.10", but  withouth success. The kernel options
in "./cmlconfigure.py" were still missing and not correctly set.

thx Max

--
Max Hofer
APUS Software G.m.b.H.