Re: London 2004 LUDE show report

In message <[🔎] 20040423120739.GH17097@knossos.aleph1.co.uk>
          Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk> wrote:

> The show wasn't massively well attended but most of those who were there had
> a genuine interest in some aspect or other. There was a lot of support for
> what we are trying to do, which I found encouraging, and it's good that
> Philippe's stuff has (just about) reached the stage that you can build real
> systems with it (see the stag site).

[ Just joined the list this morning ]

Quite.  As with the show at the NEC last year, it was good simply to
get coverage of ARM stuff, and demonstrate that Debian is a practical
solution for a very large range of Linux problems, no matter the size.

I was of course also demonstrating my Desktop ARM machine
(http://www.chocky.org/linux/systems.html - Iyonix), of which Phillippe
was sufficiently impressed that he was trying to sell its possibilities
to punters (we'll have to wait and see if they are any takers), and
demonstrating that there are no less than 3 ways to currently approprach
the compiling issue (native, Stag, Scratchbox), which should cover all
bases at this point.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS C Programming                  | http://www.riscos.info/