Re: circular dependencies in debian -> impact on emdebian

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:02:05AM +0200, Philippe De Swert wrote:
> The advantage is that we can add all our stuff in such a dir, without annoying the regular
> Debian crowd. Fact is that we only need a slightly different rules and control file. The rest

If embedian is done in a clean way, I don't believe anybody
at Debian will be annoyed, but pleased.  A debian/emrules
and debian/emcontrol would be sufficient to not disturb
anyone.  Even better would be way to express everything in
the original debian/rules and debian/control.  For the
debian/rules file maybe be using an "emdebian-enhanced"
CDBS.  For debian/control maybe by inventing a EmPackage
keyword instead of Package.  I have not tried how this
might confuse the existing dpkg tools.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/