Re: Status of Emdebsys????

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:15:57PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I haven't had time to look at the more recent kernel config stuff
> (kbuild?) to see if it could be used or not.

About a year ago I started with emdebsys and had the impression that the
idea was good; as it didn't really work the way I thought and we needed
something to build our root systems I started something similar myself,
unfortunately without the possibility to use the debian packet
management system.

Design criteria have been:

- must be small (no huge downloads like with uCLinux)
- add your .config file, 'make world' and be happy
- kconfig as the configuration system
- must be platform independend

The latest stuff is on

	http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/ptxdist-0.3.19.tar.gz

If somebody wants to have a look. I'm almost sure that it doesn't work
for other constellations than my PXA250 environment yet, but it surely
is supposed to :-)

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4