Status of Emdebsys????

I'm very excited about using emdebsys for generating, and having our
customers, generate their own mini-OS. I like how it will automate the
compilation, gathering, and generation of an OS suitable for an embedded
product. There were a few things that i'm unclear about with emdebsys:

What is happening to it?

Specifically, what is going to happen to the front end configuration,
and are there plans to move away from CML2?

What are the strong candidates for replacing CML2?