Re: yasnippet commits review

Hi Aymeric,

Aymeric Agon-Rambosson <aymeric.agon@yandex.com> writes:

> Le dimanche  8 janvier 2023 à 18:12, Nicholas D Steeves
> <sten@debian.org> a écrit :
>
>> I've created the branch "temp-agon-reviewed_by_sten" which is
>> fast-forwardable relative from "temp".
>
> Very well, I've seen the branch. Since we can rewrite history as
> long as we haven't merged into master, will you let me remove my
> commits from your branch rather than simply revert them ? I can do
> it whenever its convenient for you, just before you merge to
> master.

Right now, please fast-forward your branch (temp) to the reviewed state
and rebase & squash that one (temp); I asked for help reviewing the
failing tests on my reviewed branch, so it should not be rebased.

>> This patch has "Forwarded: yes" in the header, so you've already
>> claimed
>> that it's been forwarded ;) It would be nice to have the URL it
>> was/will
>> be forwarded to rather than "yes" here, so that the next person
>> who
>> works on this package can track upstream discussion and status
>> of your
>> patch.
>
> I haven't forwarded it yet, this is exactly what I wanted to do
> after you reviewed the patch. I'll open a PR on the upstream repo,
> reference the issue David opened, explain my thinking there and on
> the patch header as well.

It sounds like you'd like to write a draft of your thinking in the
patch, have me review it, and forward the reviewed patch upstream, so
please write your thinking in the patch header now.

>> Unfortunately this Debian package doesn't have an active human
>> maintainer, so this becomes an "if someone happens to notice and
>> care
>> about the failure" rather than the existing early warning
>> system.  The
>> hard failure alerts team members and interested parties, and
>> correctly
>> removes the package from testing.
>>
>> Fair point.  Thanks for mentioning upstream PR.  I've imported
>> it.
>
> Sorry for this. What I thought would be a (not so) simple unbreak
> of the documentation build turned out to be hiding other
> errors. I've seen that you and David discuss it on
> #debian-emacsen, I'll try and look into the remaining tests this
> weekend if I have the time.

No worries, this is why the social side of Debian exists, and why gaining
upload rights is an incremental process :)  Thanks again for your
contributions!

Regards,
Nicholas