Re: [RFC] solution to circular deps between Helm "master" and "slaves" like helm-wgrep?

Hello Nicholas,

On Sun 15 Mar 2020 at 08:53PM -06, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:

> Please confirm if this seems like a case where it's best to digress from
> upstream and implement a Debian-specific solution using our own dep
> resolution.  I agree with your solution and have been thinking along
> similar lines, and just want to learn from others' experience with weird
> circular dependencies in Emacs packages...for all I know this is par
> for the course for Helm-related packages...

If the root .el file for a package has (require 'foo) then it should
almost always have Depends: foo, because otherwise users might see
errors which the Debian packaging system is meant to take care of.

--
Sean Whitton