Re: emacsen-team salsa usage

Hi,

Пн 02 сен 2019 @ 09:27 David Bremner <david@tethera.net>:

> As some of you might have noticed, I've recently done more than 170
> uploads to rebuild arch dh-elpa using packages (to fix the bug about
> clearing HOME that dh-elpa 1.16 fixed). I still have a few more NMUs to
> do (non-team packages), but I thought I'd mention a few things before I
> forget

Thanks for your work!

> 2) It would be great if we as a team could decide on one or two git
> workflows, and maybe record them somehow in the repo. The current
> situation creates extra work for team wide uploads.

I personally use gbp, and quilt-style patches. Yes, unification would be
nice.

> 3) Another potentially controversial idea is to have master (or whatever
> "debcheckout -a" fetches) always buildable and corresponding to
> unstable.  This would require all UNRELEASED changelogs live on branches

To avoid many feature branches (= avoid atomised packaging work, which
is mentioned by Nicholas) I propose to have a single branch for
unreleased. Or one may checkout the latest tag (corresponding to the
version in unstable) when performing a mass upload.

Cheers!
Lev