Re: Phasing out emacs23 support

On 22 May 2016 at 15:02, David Bremner wrote:
| Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
|

| > Will discuss with upstream. ESS is now on one of these, and I was quite
| > impressed with how magit now does this.  Not a bad plan at all.  What was the
| > thinking behind requiring internet access?  I guess we do anyway for normal
| > apt mode?
| >

| I'm not sure what you mean by requiring internet access. dh_elpa should
| not require internet access (dh-make-elpa might, but that's just for
| initial package creation, not building).

Sorry -- I was sloppy and extrapolated without actually looking at source
code. I had (probably wrongly) assumed the package actually download and
installed from melpa, but it looks like just used the (local, on machine)
melpa functionality to install the sources contained in the .deb.

Much nicer.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org