Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> wrote:

>> I think it is up to the maintainers to decide whether they want to
>> support it.
>
> Yes, certainly. But if emacs-snapshot really makes it into sid I believe
> users would like to see the other packages work, too.

Perhaps an acceptable compromise would be as follows: maintainers of
Emacs add-on packages such as AUCTeX explain in their README.Debian how
to rebuild their packages with emacs-snapshot support (if it is a
one-line diff like Jérôme suggested a few messages above) and clearly
state that this combination is not supported.

That way, only users that:
  1. read README.Debian;
  2. know that the combination (emacs-snapshot + add-on package) is not
     supported;

would have the add-on packages with emacs-snapshot support.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Florent