Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

Quoting Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de>:

> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:
>
> > Next is going to be setting a tla archive (based on Miles Bader's
> > emacs tla archive) for the package, so everyone'll be able to
> > easily contribute.
>
> Not sure how the emacs-snapshot tla archive is going to help with
> changes to the auctex package ;-)

I think I wasn't clear enough.

If you refer to the error message you pasted few days ago, it is not
a bug in Auctex at all.
The current emacs21 package provides a patch that adds a new variable
call debian-emacs-flavor, which is used by Auctex (itself probably
patched as well).
Since I haven't ported this patch to emacs-snapshot, emacs-snaphost
doesn't provide the debian-emacs-flavor variable yet, so Auctex fails.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant