Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

* jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) wrote:

> Yes, you can grab the fix at:
> http://people.debian.org/~jerome

I'm also desperately waiting for a more or less official Debian Emacs
CVS package so I downloaded your file and did a CVS checkout of today's
Emacs.

Here's just a report about my experiences:

Building the DEBs went fine and after installing the files with "dpkg
-i" (still got some errors here) I was able to start my fresh CVS
Emacs and I discovered two bugs:

First of all Emacs complained about the missing DOC-21.3.50.2 which was
easy to fix as I just had to rename the existing DOC-21.3.50.1 and then
I found out that I couldn't leave Emacs with C-x C-c (void
variable). The last one seems to be a bug in upstream source as I would
guess.

However I have deinstalled :-) my CVS Emacs again and forgot to write
down all the errors I faced. If you need further reports I'll install it
again because I would be glad to help you and put a CVS Emacs into
Debian.

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Ich habe Dinge gesehen, die ihr Menschen niemals glauben würdet. Gigantische
Schiffe, die brannten, draußen vor der Schulter des Orion. Und ich habe C-Beams