Debian pkg oddies

Hi

I found some strange configure structures in the official debian
xemacs deb pkg:

1. Auctex: xemacs loads the auctex package for emacs21! That
   is having (require 'tex-site) in the init file and doing
   locate-library, points out to the gnu emacs directory.

2. Ispell.el
   points to /usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ and not
   to the /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/ispell

3. Smtpmail is a complete secret, locate-library returns, not found,
but *it is* used, (I use it for sending)

4. There is a bug in ispell when call the spanish dictionary. I send a
report a part.

For me especially the auctex things looks very odd! (Well I maintain
the auctex pkg for xemacs)

I mentioned the subject in the xemacs-beta list and the opinion was in
general to use the xemacs packages, that is what they are made for.
The same applies to x-symbol, it is now an official xemacs package and
therefore no need to multiply the effort in maintaining a debian pkg
apart.

Uwe Brauer