[no subject]

---------------------- Envoyée par Josiane Cany/NSS/ORY/GRAF/FR le
09/02/2004 13:00 ---------------------------

jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) le 06/02/2004 23:41:15

Pour : debian-emacsen@lists.debian.org
cc :

Objet :     Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

Xavier Maillard <zedek_ML_@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I know this has surely been discussed not that far but AFAIK, no
> announcement has been done (yet) and so forth I need informations about
> this point.

Me, guilty! :-P

> SO here is the question: what is the current emacs cvs integration
> status in Debian (experimental) ?
>
> If any testing version is available, I would be happy to test it here
> and get rid of my "daily manual upgrade" of emacs CVS ;)
>
> Please tell...

So the whole story: during last December I created an emacs-snapshot
package from the current debian package scheme.
Then, I realized it would be much better to 'debhelperize' the
package, because the sooner the better. So, I revamped half of
the package during January.
I'm currently in a testing phase but I can tell it is almost
finished.

(Currently, the package scheme I modified makes it very easy
to build a decicated package from any branch of the Emacs CVS)

Then, I need to decide how to make it available, i.e.
- either in experimental: it avoid the BTS to be flooded
with bug reports but it is not autobuild, which means that
the package will not be available on every architecture
unless someone rebuild the package on them
- or in unstable: the package is autobuild but I don't like
this idea of shipping something unsupported.

Then, how often shall it be uploaded to the archive?
(packages are quite huge and my DSL upload bandwidth is
16kb/s).

Questions, questions ... :-P

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org

----------------
L'acces immediat aux meilleurs tarifs Air France et au billet electronique
sur http://www.airfrance.com

For immediate access to the best Air France fares and to electronic
tickets, visit our website http://www.airfrance.com

----------------
Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et secrets. Ce message est adresse a l'individu ou l'entite
dont les coordonnees figurent ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le bon
destinataire, nous vous demandons de ne pas lire, copier, utiliser ou
divulguer cette communication. Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur a
l'expediteur et d'effacer immediatement cette communication de votre
systeme.
The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or
entity adressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please
notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
system.