Re: Can't open perl files - error with cperl-mode(?)

Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de> wrote:
> This is an uptodate sid Debian system. I purged all emacs and
> emacs mode related packages I could find and installed
> xemacs21-gnome-nomule afterwards.

> > Signaling: (wrong-number-of-arguments (lambda (beg end) (let* ((modified (buffer-modified-p)) (buffer-undo-list t) (inhibit-read-only t) (inhibit-point-motion-hooks t) before-change-functions after-change-functions deactivate-mark buffer-file-name buffer-file-truename) (remove-text-properties beg end (quote (face nil))) (when (and (not modified) (buffer-modified-p)) (set-buffer-modified-p nil)))) 3)
> >   signal(wrong-number-of-arguments ((lambda (beg end) (let* ... ... ...)) 3))

An anonymous function (lambda expression) requiring two arguments
(begin end) is called with only one (the 3 at the end).

> >   byte-code("..." [buf data kill-buffer signal] 3)

The call is from byte-compiled lisp code, which contained the symbols
[buf data kill-buffer signal] and was itself called with that one
argument (3).

> >   find-file-noselect("/tmp/alsdjf.pl")

The byte-compiled lisp code was called from find-file-noselect.

> >   find-file("/tmp/alsdjf.pl" nil)
> >   call-interactively(find-file)

I don't know xemacs, but if it were GNU Emacs, I would try `C-h v
find-file-hooks'.  `C-h f find-file-noselect' might tell you what
other hooks it may call.

Anonymous byte-compiled code in a hook variable is a bit strange, but
maybe that is how xemacs customises the original GNU...

Regards,
Marco