Re: It's Huntin' Season

"Davide G.M.Salvetti" <salve@debian.org> wrote:

> I rather want she to take this decision through debconf; she should be
> free to do "dpkg-reconfigure auctex" ad any time.

I'm not a debconf expert, so I'm probably wrong.

Can you store the result of the debconf question under /var (maybe
/var/state) and have code under /etc/emacs that load tex-site if the
debconf state file exists?

The variable contents is then under /var.

The content under /etc/emacs won't vary, but you can tag it as a
conffile anyway to satisfy policy.  It only needs to be there so it's
evaluated at Emacs startup time.

I hope this helps.

Peter