Re: Emacs mail reader

On November 12, 2002 at 2:14PM -0800,
Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org> wrote:

> > I'm looking for an easy to configure native emacs mail reader. By
> > "native" I mean of course that it's an -el(isp) package (the better to
> > make it work with emacspeak). By"easy" I mean something other than gnus
> > ;-). An additional requirement is that it can work with the MH mail
> > folders I already use with my Mutt and Sylpheed-Claws setup.
> You might want to look at wanderlust (debian package "wl").  I think
> it's primarily designed to work with IMAP, but it does have support
> for MH folders.

I can also recommend Mew, `apt-get install mew'.

I'm not using emacspeak, but I know that BEP (Bilingual Emacspeak
Platform) FAQ says, "Mew, Wanderlust, and Gnus are usable on BEP".

  Bilingual Emacspeak Project (written in Japanese)

  BEP Frequently Asked Questions and Answers list (written in Japanese)

  Mew Official Homepage

  Wanderlust -- Yet Another Message Interface on Emacsen --

Tatsuya Kinoshita