Re: Emacs mail reader

On November 12, 2002 at 2:14PM -0800,
Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org> wrote:

> > I'm looking for an easy to configure native emacs mail reader. By
> > "native" I mean of course that it's an -el(isp) package (the better to
> > make it work with emacspeak). By"easy" I mean something other than gnus
> > ;-). An additional requirement is that it can work with the MH mail
> > folders I already use with my Mutt and Sylpheed-Claws setup.
>
> You might want to look at wanderlust (debian package "wl").  I think
> it's primarily designed to work with IMAP, but it does have support
> for MH folders.

I can also recommend Mew, `apt-get install mew'.

I'm not using emacspeak, but I know that BEP (Bilingual Emacspeak
Platform) FAQ says, "Mew, Wanderlust, and Gnus are usable on BEP".

  Bilingual Emacspeak Project (written in Japanese)
  http://www.argv.org/bep/

  BEP Frequently Asked Questions and Answers list (written in Japanese)
  http://www.argv.org/bep/common/faq/bepfaq.html

  Mew Official Homepage
  http://www.Mew.org/

  Wanderlust -- Yet Another Message Interface on Emacsen --
  http://www.gohome.org/wl/

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita