Re: replace-string on escaped character

On Tue, 14 May 2002 07:30:43 +0100, Daniel Barlow wrote:

>Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> writes:
>
>> a text file that I need
>> to work on renders the apostrophe as \222 in emacs.  The file isn't
>
>If you cursor over that \222, you find it's actiually a single character.

I was lucky enough to remember that :)

>You can mark and cut it with the usual C-Space, M-w, then press C-y
>when replace-string asks for the search string.

See?  I knew there was a simple way to do it.  I recall seeing this some
time ago, but you know what happens if you don't use it.

>If that doesn't work, something odder is happending.

Nothing odd now.  Thanks so much, Dan.  I really appreciate the quick
answer.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,