Re: replace-string on escaped character

Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> writes:

> I'm embarrassed to ask this.  I'm guessing there is a simple solution
> that I am simply missing.  For whatever reason, a text file that I need
> to work on renders the apostrophe as \222 in emacs.  The file isn't

If you cursor over that \222, you find it's actiually a single character.
You can mark and cut it with the usual C-Space, M-w, then press C-y
when replace-string asks for the search string.

If that doesn't work, something odder is happending.

-dan

--

  http://ww.telent.net/cliki/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources