Re: debian-startup.el question

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make my self-compiled emacs fit into the debian emacs
> framework.  I tried to use the method suggested by Peter Galbraith:
>
>    (load "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup")
>    (debian-startup 'emacs21)

I'm pretty sure I posted later with:

(cond
 ((equal emacs-major-version '21)
  (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/")
  (load "debian-startup")
  (message "Debian startup...")
  (debian-startup 'emacs)
  (message "Debian startup done.")))

Note that I use flavor emacs so un-byte-compiled file will be used.
This workd for most add-on elisp packages (except semi et al.)

> p.s. Another question I have is: why does `debian-run-directories' use
>      `load-file' instead of `load' when debug-on-error is true?  It
>      seems guaranteed to always fail, since load-file doesn't use the
>      load-path.

As I recall I submitted a bug about that (or did I simply email Rob with
it?)

Peter