Re: Key bindings

Greetings!

James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com> writes:

>  Camm> Greetings!  And thanks so much for the info!  But I've just
>  Camm> released a version using C-c . <key> following the excerpt from
>  Camm> the elisp manual posted by Alan Shutko earlier today.  Is this
>  Camm> acceptable?  Would be easy to change again to C-c C-x, but I'd
>  Camm> really like to get it right the next time, if there is one :-)!
>
> Nope.  C-c . runs c-set-style by default in c mode.  shouldn't
> overwrite that.  Why don't you get out emacs.  Open up a C file.  And
> then test for unused key sequences.  You'll probably have better luck
> if you aren't guessing randomly for good sequences.

Thank you for pointing this out, and your suggestion.  I just did
check an actual emacs C-editing session, and C-c C-x <key> does indeed
seem to be free.  I should have thought about this before  -- but I
was trying to discover a general policy, if there was one.  It seems
as though there is no generically free keybindings for minor modes, in
contrast to what the elisp manual says.

In any case, uploading now with C-c C-x.  Thanks again!