Re: Should files in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ be conffiles?

 Peter> I noticed a lack of consistency in this.  The file I put under
 Peter> /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ was never marked as a conffile, so I
 Peter> must have taken my cue from emacs-policy (which doesn't
 Peter> mention it).

 Peter> For example, I see:
 Peter>  /etc/emacs/site-start.d/00debian-vars.el -> not a conffile
 Peter>  /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50octave.el -> conffile

 Peter> What's the answer?

It depends.  I'm not sure there is an "answer" here.  It makes sense
to have some of these files conffiles and others not.  I also tend to
sway towards anything in /etc should be a conffile (in case the user
modifies it thinking this is true which is my first inclination) and
if it isn't a conffile it should contain prominent notices "DON'T
MODIFY THIS FILE" sort of thing.

So.  Your call I think.

Jim

--